What Is Back Pain, and How to Treat It in St. Cloud, MN
Problems from back pain are one of the most common complaints made by American adults and are the leading reason for lost time at work. Back pain can include sore muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Generally, the causes of back pain develop over a long period of time. Woodlands Health & Performance provides the most modern treatments for back pain in St. Cloud, MN. Our physical therapists possess expansive knowledge on human anatomy, holistic treatments, and physical therapy exercises.
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain is often a self-inflicted ailment. Most back pain problems are the result of behaviors and bad habits that extend over a long period of time. Some of these habits and behaviors include:
- Sitting incorrectly at the desk or at the steering wheel
- Pushing, pulling, and lifting things carelessly
- Poor posture
- Overexertion in work and play
Signs & Symptoms of Back Pain
There are many symptoms and signs that can indicate back pain. The symptoms of back pain can vary a great deal, from mild and annoying, to sharp and burning. The following are the most common signs and symptoms of back pain:
You should seek treatment if you are experiences these symptoms of back pain:
- Stiffness or aching along the spine for a prolonged period of time that can extend from the neck to the tailbone.
- Chronic ache in the lower or middle back after standing or sitting for long periods of time.
- Pain that comes from the lower back to the buttock, into the calf and toes, or radiates down the back of the thigh
- Sharp, localized pain in the lower, mid, or upper back, or neck especially after lifting something heavy or participating in vigorous activity
- Inability to stand straight without experiencing pain or spasm in the back
Back Pain Treatment in Waite Park, MN
Woodlands Health & Performance is dedicated to finding the most effective and least invasive treatment for back pain in Waite Park, MN. Our unique approach combining the expertise of medical professionals to assess and treat your back pain. These approaches can include exercises and passive techniques.
Physical Therapy Exercises
Our chiropractor will design a series of active exercises that will match your needs. Generally, a back pain patient’s regime will encompass a combination of the following:
- Stretching for back pain exercises: This involves stretching the hamstring muscles once or twice a day.
- Low-impact aerobic conditioning: These activities help for long-term pain reduction such as walking, swimming, bicycling, and other aerobic exercises.
- Strengthening for back pain exercises: These strengthen the back muscles. 15 to 20 minutes of lumbar stabilization should be done every other day.
Depending on your specific type of back pain, our physical therapists may perform passive physical therapy. These techniques are called passive because they do not require your participation. Some passive techniques are:
- Heat/ice packs
- TENS Unit
- MLS Laser
The Woodlands Health & Performance Approach
Woodlands Health & Performance is a comprehensive health care clinic that that provides some of the most effective treatment for back pain in St Cloud, MN and the surrounding Midwest. Our team is comprised of a diverse group of healthcare experts in the areas of physiotherapy and rehabilitative medicine. We provide multiple options for our patients such as Chiropractic Care, Physical Therapy, Electro-Dermal Screenings, Massage, and more. Your health is important – especially your ability to move without pain.
If you are suffering from back pain in St. Cloud, MN, or the greater Midwest, and want to explore physical therapy techniques, or simply improve your health through mobility contact us at: 320-240-0300 to schedule a consultation with one of our physical therapists.